Aug 27, 2008

STAND [Ministries]

Greetings from Colorado Springs,

This last year has marked a thorough transition; yet God has been faithful in His provision. I moved to Colorado last June and worked with my mission agency, OC (One Challenge International), in its summer programs. Beginning in the fall, I then worked for six months at Barnes & Noble. In March, I began my work as administrative assistant to the director of Training at OC’s US IMC (International Mobilization Center). Finally, in the role of administrative assistant I have just recently completed working once again, though in greater depth, as a program’s assistant and men’s college group counselor in OC’s summer programs.

After I began working at the IMC last March, I soon came to realize and understand, through a variety of influences, a significant piece of my life vocation. This piece is a ministry I call STAND. In brief, STAND [Ministries] exists to provide globally aware and artistically-minded vocational mentoring and networking, founded upon The Gospel of Jesus Christ and driven by the pursuit of Truth, to young people in the “transitional period”[1] of life in order that they may journey toward, enter, and influence the many occupational domains of the world.

There are then two primary facets that will comprise STAND [Ministries]:
MENTORING [Servant Leadership]
NETWORKING [Bridge-building]

MENTORING will be the centerpiece of the entire ministry, employing Steve Aldrich’s LIFEWORKXTM self-awareness and development program. LIFEWORKXTM essentially offers the safe environment and guidance that young people need in order to find spiritual healing, as well as an awareness and freedom to pursue their vocations. This is achieved through an in-depth journey of exploration regarding each individual’s “unique story, design, strengths, and destiny.”

NETWORKING is the collective outer-layering of the ministry, striving to build bridges between the various churches, ministries, businesses, and overall artistic community of the American culture. Not only does the leadership work to encourage and inspire young people toward their vocation, but seeks to show them some stepping stones toward the realization of their vocation.

This vocational ministry has come to the place of needing a practical beginning. Thus, this Fall I will begin implementing it in at least two small group settings connected to a local church student ministry. It is from this initial output that I wish for STAND [Ministries] to grow. It is already beginning to expand, as a close German friend will begin dialoguing with me from Germany about her own cultural adaptation of it in a small group connected to her church. The possibilities are potentially limitless of how far this type of ministry can expand.

Overall, I am currently transitioning once again as I work part-time as an administrative assistant at the OC IMC coupled with pursuing the development of STAND [Ministries] in the aforementioned domains. With such an exciting innovation, however, comes a great need: a team.

In seeking to build a team, there are various different types of members needed to complete the whole team. I am seeking not only people interested in joining the leadership or network teams, but also people who will provide consistent prayer support for the ministry (i.e. the prayer team) and those who feel God leading them to support the ministry through financial giving (i.e. the financial team). The estimate for needed monthly support is around $2000. Overall, I am looking for a community of sorts to be developed through STAND [Mnistries]. I am hoping to build a team with people who share a passion to see God transform and direct the lives of the next generation of young adults.

I ask that you prayerfully consider a way in which you can be part of the STAND team. I understand that you may have already felt God's tug on your heart to participate in other ministry endeavors, and this may limit your availability and resources. I am confident that God will choose and inspire a special group of people to partner with me. I eagerly anticipate what He will continue to do in this next season as He builds the STAND team.

NOTE: if you are interested in giving financially with a one-time gift or as a regular monthly donor, please see the other attached pdf files titled “giving-form” and “Online Donation Process” or visit OC’s website at www.oncechallenge.org.

I look forward to hearing from, and continuing this communication further with all of you. God bless you and keep you, may He make His face shine down upon you, and give you peace. AMEN.[2]

In Christ,
JOSHUA GRUBB

* * *

I have been greatly blessed to already have the support of a number of OC’s leadership, including one of its vice presidents. It is difficult moving forward with an innovative vision, especially at age 23, and it would have been much more difficult to launch without the support of such headship.

I have given my life to training the next generation of leaders in all arenas of ministry. . . . For the past 38 years as a pastor, I can easily identify those men and women who realize both the call of God and the hand of God on their lives. Joshua Grubb is one of those men. . . . Joshua is one of the most gifted young leaders that I have had the privilege of working with . . . who understands God’s call, the desire to steward all that has been entrusted to him.”
Steve Aldrich, Director of Personnel Development (Training)

“Joshua Grubb, through his ministry proposal called STAND, has the potential of providing encouragement and training for Christian college graduates who are exploring their next step in serving the Lord in his Kingdom worldwide. OC International is looking for innovative ways to reach out to the next generation of potential cross-cultural workers and we believe that Joshua has a strategic role to play in creating a bridge between our missions organization and Generation Y.”
Kyle Stiff, Senior Director of Personnel

[1] This phrase is used to describe the time when a young person, whether a graduate of high school (i.e. 18-19 years old) or a graduate of college/university (i.e. 22-26 years old), is seeking to discover and understand his or her unique God-given calling as it relates to the needs in the world.

[2] If you would like to receive further information about STAND (i.e. philosophy, vision, and strategy), please contact me at joshgrubb@oci.org, or via my work phone: (719) 592-9292x168. Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joshua,

It is exciting for me to hear what you have in mind. I believe in what you are doing and that God will accomplish what concerns Him in you and in this ministry.

Jeff Nelson

Joshua Grubb said...

Thank you, Jeff. I really appreciate it. God bless.